- Every year, chronic sinusitis patients make 15 million visits to outpatient clinics
- More than half of all chronic sinusitis outpatient visits result in prescription medication
- Chronic sinusitis patients visit their primary physicians twice as often as those without the disorder, and have 5 times as many prescriptions filled
- Chronic sinusitis patients can spend up to 1/3 of the year on medication
- It is estimated that 500,000 patients currently live with chronic sinusitis that is unresponsive to both surgical intervention and medical therapy
Photodisinfection is a subset of photodynamic therapy which uses a combination of a photosensitizer solution and an engineered light source to rapidly destroy pathogens. Researched and developed by Ondine Biomedical Inc., and proven by Periowave™, photodisinfection does not generate antibiotic resistance and does not harm healthy tissue.